Need another word that means the same as “click”? Find 41 synonyms and 30 related words for “click” in this overview.
The synonyms of “Click” are: suction stop, mouse click, detent, dog, pawl, chink, clink, clack, snick, snap, pop, tick, come home, dawn, fall into place, get across, get through, penetrate, sink in, flick, chatter, cluck, become clear, come home to one, make sense, register, take to each other, get along, get on, warm to each other, be compatible, be in harmony, be like-minded, feel a rapport, see eye to eye
Click as a Noun
Definitions of "Click" as a noun
According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, “click” as a noun can have the following definitions:
- A short light metallic sound.
- A hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward.
- Depression of a button on a computer mouse.
- A short, sharp sound as of a switch being operated or of two hard objects coming smartly into contact.
- A stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu.
- An act of selecting an option on an electronic interface by pressing a button or touching a screen.
- A speech sound produced as a type of plosive by sudden withdrawal of the tongue from the soft palate, front teeth, or back teeth and hard palate, occurring in some southern African and other languages.
Synonyms of "Click" as a noun (12 Words)
The clack of her high heels.
|clink||A sharp ringing sound, such as that made by striking metal or glass.|
The clink of ice in tall glasses.
|detent||A hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward.|
A detent spring.
|dog||The male of an animal of the dog family or of some other mammals such as the otter.|
One day she s going to turn dog on you.
|mouse click||Person who is quiet or timid.|
|pawl||A hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward.|
|pop||A ball hit high in the air but not far from the home plate, providing an easy catch.|
He caught a pop fly for the third out of the seventh inning.
The quarterback fumbled the snap.
|snick||A glancing contact with the ball off the edge of the cricket bat.|
He heard the snick of the latch.
|suction stop||The act of sucking.|
|tick||A regular short, sharp sound, especially that made by a clock or watch.|
I shan t be a tick.
Usage Examples of "Click" as a noun
- A click on the right button for example.
- It's normal for a click to select an item.
- She heard the click of the door.
Click as a Verb
Definitions of "Click" as a verb
According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, “click” as a verb can have the following definitions:
- Produce a click.
- Make a clicking or ticking sound.
- Select an option on an electronic interface in order to reach another file, website, or web page.
- Cause to make a snapping sound.
- Make or cause to make a short, sharp sound as of a switch being operated or of two hard objects coming smartly into contact.
- Become suddenly clear or understandable.
- Select (an option on an electronic interface) by pressing a button or touching a screen.
- Make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens.
- Quickly become friendly or intimate.
- Click repeatedly or uncontrollably.
- Become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions.
- Move or strike with a noise.
- Become successful or popular.
Synonyms of "Click" as a verb (29 Words)
|be compatible||Have an existence, be extant.|
|be in harmony||Have an existence, be extant.|
|be like-minded||Work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function.|
|become clear||Come into existence.|
|chatter||Make noise as if chattering away.|
His teeth were chattering.
He clacked the bones together.
|clink||Make or cause to make a clink.|
She clinked her glass against mine.
|cluck||Make a clucking sounds characteristic of hens.|
The chickens clucked and scratched in the dirt.
|come home||Develop into.|
|come home to one||Have a certain priority.|
|dawn||Appear or develop.|
It dawned on him that she had betrayed him.
|fall into place||Fall or flow in a certain way.|
|feel a rapport||Come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds.|
|flick||Cause to move with a flick.|
He flicked his Bic.
|get across||Evoke an emotional response.|
|get along||Go or come after and bring or take back.|
|get on||Move into a desired direction of discourse.|
|get through||Receive as a retribution or punishment.|
|make sense||Head into a specified direction.|
|register||Put one s name in a register as a guest in a hotel.|
We had a light supper after we d registered and unpacked.
|see eye to eye||Take charge of or deal with.|
|sink in||Appear to move downward.|
|snap||Take a snapshot of.|
The lock snapped shut.
|snick||Make a sharp clicking sound.|
The stem can be carefully snicked to allow the bud to swell.
|take to each other||Be designed to hold or take.|
|tick||Mark an item with a tick or select a box on a form questionnaire etc to indicate that something has been chosen checked approved or dealt with.|
Just tick the appropriate box below.
|warm to each other||Get warm or warmer.|
Usage Examples of "Click" as a verb
- You can click on an underlined word to jump to another section.
- He clicked on the light.
- Martha clicked her tongue.
- Click on the illustration for a larger version.
- Click through to the website to buy the CD.
- Click the left mouse button twice.
- I couldn't help notice how pretty and intelligent she was and we just clicked.
- I wasn't used to such good treatment, then it clicked: we were wearing suits.
- I don't think this issue has clicked with the voters.
- The key clicked in the lock and the door opened.
- Xhosa speakers click.
- I didn't meet a woman who I really clicked with until I was 40.
- She clicked off the light.
Associations of "Click" (30 Words)
|amplifier||A device consisting of an amplifier combined with a loudspeaker and used to increase the volume of the sound produced by electric guitars and other musical instruments.|
|audio||A recording of acoustic signals.|
|bell||Spread outwards like the lip of a bell.|
At five bells in the forenoon of June 11.
|button||Of a garment be fastened with buttons.|
I buttoned my shirt and knotted my tie.
|camera||Equipment for taking photographs (usually consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other.|
A photographer s camera flashed.
|clang||Make or cause to make a clang.|
He could hear the clang of distant bells.
|clash||An inconvenient coincidence of the timing of events or activities.|
Her dress was a disturbing clash of colors.
|drop||An instance of falling or dropping.|
Drop him from the Republican ticket.
|dubbing||A new soundtrack that is added to a film.|
|flick||Remove with a flick of the hand.|
The paper flicked.
|hear||Examine or hear evidence or a case by judicial process.|
The jury had heard all the evidence.
|interstice||Small opening between things.|
The interstices of a network.
|noise||Make a lot of noise.|
The announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise.
A perforate shell.
|phonetic||Relating to phonetics.|
Detailed phonetic information.
|phonic||Pertaining to the phonic method of teaching reading.|
The English language presents difficulties if a purely phonic approach is attempted.
|pierce||Make a hole in (the ears or other part of the body) so as to wear jewellery in them.|
The cold pierced her bones.
|recorder||A judge in certain courts.|
A recorder of rural life.
|snap||Cause to make a snapping sound.|
The pipe snapped.
|sound||Sound produced by continuous and regular vibrations as opposed to noise.|
A different bell begins to sound midnight.
|split||A single thickness of split hide.|
Let s split Harvey said.
|spread||The fact or process of spreading over an area.|
Spread your arms.
|tonic||Music the first note of a diatonic scale.|
A tonic body shampoo.
|transistor||A portable radio using circuits containing transistors rather than valves.|
|understand||Be understanding of.|
She understands French.
|urinate||Pass after the manner of urine.|
The sick men urinated blood.