Need another word that means the same as “technical”? Find 11 synonyms and 30 related words for “technical” in this overview.
- Technical as a Noun
- Definitions of "Technical" as a noun
- Synonyms of "Technical" as a noun (1 Word)
- Usage Examples of "Technical" as a noun
- Technical as an Adjective
- Definitions of "Technical" as an adjective
- Synonyms of "Technical" as an adjective (10 Words)
- Usage Examples of "Technical" as an adjective
- Associations of "Technical" (30 Words)
The synonyms of “Technical” are: technological, proficient, expert, mechanical, mechanically skillful, specialist, specialized, scientific, practical, applied, technical foul
Technical as a Noun
Definitions of "Technical" as a noun
According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, “technical” as a noun can have the following definitions:
- (basketball) a foul that can be assessed on a player or a coach or a team for unsportsmanlike conduct; does not usually involve physical contact during play.
- A foul that can be assessed on a player or a coach or a team for unsportsmanlike conduct; does not usually involve physical contact during play.
- A pickup truck with a gun mounted on it.
- (in areas with guerrilla warfare) a small truck with a machine gun mounted on the back.
Synonyms of "Technical" as a noun (1 Word)
|technical foul||A pickup truck with a gun mounted on it.|
Usage Examples of "Technical" as a noun
- The helicopters flew difficult night-time searches for technicals.
Technical as an Adjective
Definitions of "Technical" as an adjective
According to the Oxford Dictionary of English, “technical” as an adjective can have the following definitions:
- Relating to or concerned with machinery or tools.
- Of or relating to or requiring special knowledge to be understood.
- Involving or concerned with applied and industrial sciences.
- Relating to a particular subject, art, or craft, or its techniques.
- (especially of a book or article) requiring special knowledge to be understood.
- According to a strict application or interpretation of the law or rules.
- Characterizing or showing skill in or specialized knowledge of applied arts and sciences.
- Of or relating to technique or proficiency in a practical skill.
- Resulting from mechanical failure.
- Of or relating to a practical subject that is organized according to scientific principles.
- Resulting from or dependent on market factors rather than fundamental economic considerations.
Synonyms of "Technical" as an adjective (10 Words)
|applied||Concerned with concrete problems or data rather than with fundamental principles- Sidney Hook.|
|expert||Having or involving a great deal of knowledge or skill in a particular area.|
I have a friend who is very expert at the language.
|mechanical||Relating to mechanics as a science.|
|mechanically skillful||Using (or as if using) mechanisms or tools or devices.|
|practical||Having or put to a practical purpose or use.|
A practical stylish kitchen.
|proficient||Of or relating to technique or proficiency in a practical skill.|
I was proficient at my job.
|scientific||Conforming with the principles or methods used in science.|
A scientific approach.
|specialist||Possessing or involving detailed knowledge or study of a restricted topic.|
A specialist electrical shop.
|specialized||Requiring or involving detailed and specific knowledge or training.|
A specialized tool.
|technological||Relating to or using technology.|
Usage Examples of "Technical" as an adjective
- A technical report.
- Technical language.
- Technical terms.
- Technical college.
- An important technical achievement.
- The arrest was a technical violation of the treaty.
- The fall is only a technical correction.
- A technical fault.
- The technical dazzle of her dancing.
- His technical innovation was his brushwork.
- Technical terminology.
- Analysts content that the stock market is due for a technical rally.
Associations of "Technical" (30 Words)
|accomplished||Successfully completed or brought to an end.|
His mission accomplished he took a vacation.
|adept||Very skilled or proficient at something.|
An adept juggler.
|adroit||Quick or skillful or adept in action or thought.|
His adroit replies to hecklers won him many followers.
|artistry||Creative skill or ability.|
The artistry of the pianist.
|bravura||The display of great daring.|
The recital ended with a blazing display of bravura.
|competence||An income large enough to live on, typically an unearned one.|
He found himself with an ample competence and no obligations.
|competent||Capable of performing the normal function effectively.|
A highly competent surgeon.
|craft||An aircraft or spaceship.|
|deft||Demonstrating skill and cleverness.|
A deft waiter.
|dexterous||Showing or having skill, especially with the hands.|
Dexterous of hand and inventive of mind.
|expert||A person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully.|
I have a friend who is very expert at the language.
|guru||Each of the first ten leaders of the Sikh religion.|
A guru of genomics.
|maven||An expert or connoisseur.|
Fashion mavens call beige oatmeal.
|practiced||Skillful after much practice.|
A practiced marksman.
|professionalism||The competence or skill expected of a professional.|
The key to quality and efficiency is professionalism.
|proficiency||The quality of having great facility and competence.|
He demonstrated his proficiency in Chinese.
|proficient||A person who is proficient.|
She felt reasonably proficient in Italian.
|repairman||A skilled worker whose job is to repair things.|
A TV repairman.
|seasoned||(of food) having had salt, pepper, herbs, or spices added.|
|skilled||Having or showing the knowledge, ability, or training to perform a certain activity or task well.|
Skilled legal advice.
|skillful||Done with delicacy and skill.|
The effect was achieved by skillful retouching.
|software||The programs and other operating information used by a computer.|
The software industry.
|specialty||The special line of work you have adopted as your career.|
|tanner||A craftsman who tans skins and hides.|
Skincare companies are coming to the rescue of consumers with sunless tanners.
|technician||Someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique.|
A laboratory technician.
|technique||A way of carrying out a particular task, especially the execution or performance of an artistic work or a scientific procedure.|
An established athlete with a very good technique.
|toolmaker||A maker of tools, especially a person who makes and maintains tools for use in a manufacturing process.|
|veteran||A serviceman who has seen considerable active service.|
A Vietnam veteran.
|virtuosity||Great skill in music or another artistic pursuit.|
A performance of considerable virtuosity.
|workmanship||The degree of skill with which a product is made or a job done.|
Cracks on the motorway were caused by poor workmanship.